Friday, February 27, 2009

Shucks!


Last Monday I had several calls from my cellular phone during office hours. I noticed that when I’d answer it, it’s very noticeable because silence is being observed in our division. So I had to go out and answer the calls either in the lobby or at the front of the building.

As I was answering Nanay Inday’s call (I can’t remember what we were talking about then), I’ve said, “Ok Nay, Yes Nay” maybe four to five times. When we’re done with our conversation I turned the phone off. When suddenly, the lady Regional Technical Director (RTD) or one of the next in rank to the Regional Executive Director appeared in front of me and said, “Hoy, iha ano’ng ginagawa mo dyan?” (Hey, what are you doing?). To my surprise, I answered, “Oh hi Nay!” I was so ashamed. Everybody calls her Ma’am or Madam, and I called her Nanay (mother). There really are times when we’re caught unprepared. What made me more ashamed was, I wasn’t able to tell her I was sorry because she walked straightly and I just stood still – shocked.

2 comments:

Phebie on February 27, 2009 at 6:33 PM said...

Shocking jud te...RTD pa jud...LOL!

Lalaine on February 28, 2009 at 7:52 AM said...

hahhaha!ka daghan gyd nimo bloopers te uy! hahaha! joker!

Followers