Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Remembering My Dad



This picture was taken when my parents were into family planning yet LOL! I remember my mom telling me that at first they thought I would be the last one (youngest child) in the family. But since I insisted I wanted a baby sister or a brother, that’s why they added not just one, but two younger siblings for me to enjoy hehehe.

I liked it a lot when people tells me I look like my dad because I was a papa’s girl. I loved going out with him (in the market, barber shop, movies, etc). He’s also very lenient towards me. I don't remember him spanking me and that made me compare him from my mom who's very strict hehe. In fairness, I'm thankful for her being a disciplinarian because we really learned a lot from her. I couldn't imagine what kind of attitude we must have if my mom is as lenient as my dad.

Anyways, the only thing I hated with my dad was, when he comes home very drunk. One day his boss drove him home sleeping in his car. I sighed thinking how drunk he must have been. But we were just surprised that his boss (a doctor) made a U-turn because he only informed the family of my dad's situation: he had high blood pressure. They proceeded to the hospital. Though he discharged from the hospital after that, but his health had never been the same. His last hospitalization lasted for three weeks, then he passed away. I still miss him.

Mat. 19:19 "Honour thy father and thy mother: and, thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

1 comments:

MoneyMakers$ on May 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM said...

I LOVED MY DAD TOO!!!
thank for you're articles

Followers