Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Fire Victim


When I go home for lunchbreak, I usually take a nap. Twenty or fifteen minutes will recharge me and keeps me active for the whole afternoon's work in the office. Yesterday, I laid on our settee in the living room because my hubby was doing his things on the guitar in our bedroom. It was around 12:45 when my son called me to see from the window a thick, black smoke. Suddenly, my hubby and all the people in our house made me aware that there's fire! I was not mindful of the news. Instead, I continued closing my eyes and trying to sleep. But, it was already 1:00 and I still haven't taken a nap so I arose and changed, ready for office.
Hubby told my son to ask his mother the details of the fire (location, etc.). When my mother-in-law went upstairs, the voice on the radio just mentioned the name of our cousin. They were one of the victims of the fire! I was then leaving for office. I was really surprised! But what I could do that time was to pray for them and called her and checked how they were doing. How I pitied them. The wife was discharged from the hospital for an operation last Saturday, and on Tuesday, another bad thing happened. These are all just trials on them, I know. My prayer was that God would strengthen them and not be discouraged, God to bless them and that the things lost will be provided back to them. (Rom. 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord.")

1 comments:

JLaine on March 18, 2009 at 2:24 PM said...

halaka..mao ba te? as in nasunong ilang balay? amo man natabu ang fire trucks yesterday sa velez.. how are they now? I hope and pray they're ok.

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles
Trying to be Fit
Not a Shopaholic

Followers