Monday, July 20, 2009

My Sikad Experience


This is not us...

One night I was going home around 9:00 from Prayer Meeting. The passenger jeep available that time was going to a street opposite our place (one block away) so I had to ride on a "sikad" (3-wheeled conveyance) to be able to reach the house. I was aware that the sikad drivers will be off around 8:30 p.m. so I was praying, "Dear God, please reserve one sikad for me. Whatever kind of sikad (presentable or not, whatever!)" because the place is dark and it's not gonna be safe for people to walk on that road as reports of snatching and holdups are noted. As I was getting near, I saw that indeed, there was one sikad! Thank God, I told myself, indeed He heard my prayer - He reserved one for me yipey! As soon as I sat on it, I noticed that the driver was so, sooo smelly! It smelled like the blanket that my daughter had peed on. Ew, I could hardly bare it. I just covered my nose and mouth - fresher air please... Then, I told God, "Lord, what kind of driver is this?" Suddenly, the Lord impressed His words, "You said 'whatever', as long as you can go home." Haha! I silently laughed. Indeed, God is a Joker too...

4 comments:

Laurencita on July 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM said...

yak! pero at least naka provide sa inyong need at that time. PTL. hahaha....

Lalaine on July 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM said...

hhahahaa!!! grabe ako katawa dari te..mura ko ug joker..lesson for the day: we must be specific with our prayers..no whatevers!

Sarah A. Galang, Ph.D. on July 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM said...

hahaha! that's true, I agree with LAlaine, be specific when you pray, God is good and He will never leave us.

Blessings. Thanks for the visit.

http://sarahg26.blogspot.com

Phebie on July 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM said...

hahaha namuot ko sa imong story....joker!

Followers