Saturday, July 4, 2009

"If You Can't Lick 'Em, Join 'Em"


I think it was on the 2nd quarter of this year when the search for Miss Philippines was held. For this, I think five winners were chosen to compete for the Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, etc. That time, it’s often advertised on TV, inviting ladies to join the beauty pageant. While watching the beautiful faces being flashed on screen, suddenly my son excitedly exclaimed, “Ma, why don’t you join that pageant?” I turned to him, thinking: “such a teaser...” But when I looked at him, he seemed serious. And before I could open my mouth to react, my daughter said, “Yes Ma, I agree.” Hubby loudly laughed. A bit irritated, I laughed with them. Then I explained them the rules of the contest. At least, my kids appreciate my beauty LOL! Praise the Lord... Wanna join?

2 comments:

Admin on July 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM said...

You know,sometimes kids say the darnest things, my children would do the same to me, like they really mean it, and you're left thinking afterwards, shaking your head in either disbelief or amusement and laugh yourself. It is true however, that children does appreciate a mom's beauty, either inside our out. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sarah A. Galang, Ph.D. on July 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM said...

Hahaha! I also remember my kids, they are like that.

By the way, I had already Scenic Sunday on my other blog last night, sorry. It's in http://wwwbacolodandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://sarahg26.blogspot.com

Followers